The South African Weather Service (SAWS) is therefore seeking to appoint an efficient and enthusiastic person to undertake the role of:
Salary total package: negotiable
Key performance areas
• Maintain good working relationships with all stakeholders.
• Serve as the first point of contact for troubleshooting hardware and/or software problems encountered by the SAWS end-users.
• Receive tickets from users who have logged calls.
• Classify and assign tickets to responsible personnel.
• Monitor communication links and data flow.
• Monitor operational computer processes and maintain computer networks, LAN, WAN and Internet.
• Monitor daily, weekly and monthly backups of servers by compiling reports on weekly status of backups.
• Execute advanced administration functions on operational servers.
• Plan hardware, software, and network equipment and printers installation.
• Create user accounts with appropriate security controls and where possible, install software on end-user computers.
• Assist the ICT Operations team in the analysis, the installation, testing, maintenance and upgrade of computer software and hardware.
• Provide second level maintenance and administration of specialized systems e.g. Radar communication and Aviation Display system and Meteorological Message Switching system
• Work with relevant teams and/or committees to schedule work activities and develop consolidated change schedules.
• Co-ordinate request resolution and ticket closure for all the requests for change, logged problems and incidents.
• Ensure timely resolutions to incidents/problems/other requests and advise end users on the effort and time needed to complete resolutions of problems, incidents and/or other requests.
• Assist in developing, testing and implementation of backup and disaster recovery systems.
• Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
• Have excellent Helpdesk and Phone skills
• Excellent analytical skill to troubleshoot desktops, servers and software problems
• Must have in-depth knowledge of system backups and disaster recovery procedures.
• Exposed to industry standards and best practices in IT Service management, Customer Services,
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux Operating Systems
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft productivity software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
• Knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management framework
• Working knowledge of computer Hardware, Software and Networking
• Multi-tasking skills and the ability to organize competing priorities.
• A minimum of a diploma in ICT or relevant qualifications such as MCSE and A+.
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the area of IT service desk.
• A valid code 08 driver’s licence.
Attributes and Competencies
• Innovative, strategic and leadership capability
• Analytical thinking and decision-making
• Excellent presentation and negotiating skills
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Team-work skills
Enquiries for the above-mentioned positions must be directed to: Mr. Denny Maluleke, at Tel. (012) 367 6091.
Private Bag X097, Pretoria, 0001 • Tel: + 27 (0) 12 367 6000 • www.weathersa.co.za • USSD: 1207297#
Document Reference HCM.ADV 001.1
Register as user on our website using this link: https://www.weathersa.co.za/home/vacancies to apply for the above position and upload your (Comprehensive CV with certified copies of qualifications).
Closing Date: 18 February 2022
Note: Recruitment Agency applicant submissions will not be considered
Preference will be given to People living with disabilities in line with SAWS EE targets. This is an EE position and preference will be given to females, Africans, Indians and Coloureds (AIC).
Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. Candidates who have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. The organisation reserves the right not to fill this position. The South African Weather Service is an equal opportunity employer.
Record Reference HCM-ADVERT-ICTHDA202