PASSENGER RAIL AGENCY OF SOUTH AFRICA (PRASA)
JOB TITLE: Armed Response (INTERNAL and EXTERNAL)
SALARY GROUP: Junior Official (Permanent)
LOCATION: (Gauteng, Western Cape and KZN)
DEPARTMENT: Protection Services
POST NUMBER: TBA
MISSION: To serve as first responders to operational security incidents (armed robberies, theft, attacks on personnel) within the operational tunnel
Physical Security Protection of assets, personnel and income
• Responds to all operational security incidents (including but not limited to armed robberies, theft, attacks on personnel, public protests that impede rail operations, operational incidents, disasters and any other operational security incidents) that requires a high level security intervention to counter security threats /risks.
• Demarcates the areas where crimes were committed and preserves the crime scene for investigation to collect exhibits and evidence from and uncontaminated.
Responds to unrest situation for protection of personnel and assets as first responders and. hands over to the relevant SAPS Unit upon their arrival.
• Responds to unrest situation for protection of personnel and assets as first responders and hands over to the relevant SAPS Unit upon their arrival.
Conduct security risks, threats and vulnerability assessments at stations,
• Conduct security risks, threats and vulnerability assessments on all sites on a daily basis (24/7/365) and submits reports for all security deficiencies for corrective action by the relevant PRASA Department.
Depots and operational tunnels
• Recommends security counter measures to management for implementation of preventative security measures.
Liaison and joint operations with all stakeholders
• Conduct joint operations with different law enforcement agencies and security clusters.
• Liaise with local authorities on joint eviction operations and/or operations for by-law enforcement.
• Liaise with internal departments on security interventions and leads the team on security appraisals for special events, security incidents and any other matters the requires security response capability or events security
• Ensure record keeping of all incidents during the course of the shift for future reference including for litigations and criminal cases.
• Compile operational reports for submission to superior officers.
• Compile complete case dockets for criminal cases.
TRAINING AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Knowledge of the Constitution, ACT 108 of 1996;
• Criminal Procedure Act, Act 51 of 1977;
• Criminal matters amendment Act; Act 68 of 1998.
• National archives Act, Act 43 of 1996 and legal succession Act, Act 38 of 2008.
• Unarmed and armed combat, weapons and tactics as well as security operations processes and practices.
• Report writing
• Be able to speak, read and write English
• Interpersonal skills.
• Quick thinker
• Honesty and Integrity
• Able to handle stress and work under pressure.
• Grade 12
• 1 Year security operational experience
• Clear Criminal Record with no pending cases
• 1 year Armed response experience
• Medically fit & Clean bill of health • PSIRA Grade C
• Code 8 driver’s license (must be in possession for at least 1 year)
• SAPS issued certificate of competency (CoC) and/or valid CoC Training for business purposes.
• The individual must be willing to work shifts and must have high appetite for risk (Combat, armed robberies, attacks etc).
Internal candidates must apply by completing an internal application form and submitting this together with your complete CV with certified supporting documentations (ID, Matric, PSIRA registration, driver’s license etc) to their respective Human Capital Management departments. External candidates can contact the Regional Offices of PRASA for further details.
CLOSING DATE: 22 July 2020
Should you not hear anything three (3) months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
All candidates will be required to complete a physical endurance test of 2,4 km that must be completed in 11 minutes for males and 14 minutes for females. Incumbents will also be subjected to a medical test and criminal record screening. Armed response members will be subjected to further tests.
As per Prasa Rail Employment Equity Plan, this position is earmarked as follows:
MALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White
FEMALE: African, Indian, Coloured, White
Prasa Rail: Head Office – 30 Wolmarans Street, Umjantshi House, Braamfontein, Johannesburg – Private Bag X101, Braamfontein, 2017.