|SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (SANRAL) – INTERNSHIP: TRANSFORMATION (X10)26/7/2020 |
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (SANRAL)
INTERNSHIP: TRANSFORMATION (X10)
(12 MONTHS FIXED-TERM CONTRACT)
TO: External, Higher Learning Institutions
REPORTS TO: Regional Transformation Officer
SANRAL Head Office: 48 Tambotie Ave, Val de Grace, Pretoria X2
Northern Region: 30 Ida Street, Menlo Park, Pretoria X2
Southern Region: 20 Shoreward Drive, Bay West, Port Elizabeth X2
Eastern Region, 58 Van Eck Place, Mkondeni, Pietermaritzburg X2
Western Region: 1 Havenga Street, Oakdale, Cape Town X2
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Fixed-term Contract
The purpose of the position is to provide assistance to SMMEs at the various SANRAL offices relating to tenders and development opportunities. The interns will manage the Supplier Development Help Desk and to both facilitate the objectives of the Transformation Unit and to alleviate the anticipated workload of the Regional Transformation Officers once the supplier development desks becomes active.
• A Bachelor of Administration in Public Administration / public management or equivalent qualification.
• Good command of English.
• Works well under pressure.
• Ability to remain calm in volatile situations.
• A postgraduate qualification in Public Administration / public management or equivalent.
• A valid driver’s license.
• Ability to manage stakeholders from diverse backgrounds.
• Multilingual in any two vernacular languages.
Under the supervision of the Regional Transformation Officer, the intern will assist with the management of the Transformation Supplier Development Desk which will includes, but is not limited to:
• Manage incoming queries from SANRAL Transformation Portal, telephonic and walk-ins.
• Manage the query and response register.
• Provide information to SMMEs on SANRAL’s transformation initiatives.
• Utilise the online transformation supplier development desk portal to assist SMMEs
• Monitor queries being received for the purposes of trend analysis.
• Attend Transformation unit meetings and take minutes.
• Attend stakeholder meeting as and when required.
• Collect and summaries the service providers’ tender information from supply chain unit, Project Managers and Regional Bid Evaluation Committee.
• File and perform administrative work in the Transformation Officers office
• Carry out other duties as assigned by the Regional Transformation officer.
EMPLOYMENT REFERENCE CHECKS
Employment reference checks are a requirement as part of SANRAL’s recruitment and selection process. In order for SANRAL to conduct these checks a consent form needs to be completed and signed by the applicant. As an applicant of this position, you authorize SANRAL to process all the information provided for the purpose of your application for the position as well as the verification and record keeping of such credentials.
Please note that this is a confidential document and is intended for internal use by SANRAL’s Human resources department only.
Appointments will be made in accordance with SANRAL’s Employment Equity plan.
SANRAL reserves the right not to fill any position
Closing date for applications: 7 August 2020
Please submit your CV to:
SANRAL Head Office – E-mail: [email protected]
SANRAL Northern Region – Email: [email protected]
SANRAL Western Region – Email: [email protected]
SANRAL Eastern Region – Email: [email protected]
SANRAL Southern Region – Email: [email protected]