ASSISTANT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
NATIONAL OFFICE – ASSISTANT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
ASSISTANT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 11 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis.
The position is based in Braamfontein
|KEY OUTPUTSManage and maintain the Microsoft Server environment.Administer the MS Active Directory.Administration of MS System Centre.Administer and maintain Microsoft’s Unified Communications Solution (Exchange and GSM network).Administer and maintain Internet Information Services servers (IIS).Manage and maintain the ESXi Virtual Infrastructure (ESXi 6.7 or later).Administer the SAP user account together with the SAP Project Manager.Installation of ESXi 6.7 or later servers, vSphere Client, Vcentre 6.x or VCSA 6.7 Server.Installation and configuration of Update Manager for patching of all ESXi Servers.Manage and maintain VMware vSphere Management Assistant (vMA).Installation and configuration of VMware VDR for taking snapshots of critical VMs and restoring from snapshot in the event of a disaster.|
- Manage and maintain the realise Operations Manager.
- Manage and maintain VMware vSphere Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
- Ensure DR Site is always available and ready in the event of a disaster.
- Monitor replication jobs on a daily basis.
- Capacity planning and monitoring of VMware Infrastructure including SANs and physical servers.
- Manage backups using backup Veeam Software.
- Setup and manage replication of critical servers between Head Office and DR.
- Efficiently maintain and update Policies & Procedures.
- Administer and maintain Fax Server.
- Identify screen messages indicating errors/faults.
- Monitor usage of software.
- Test alignment and integration of software and hardware.
- Schedule systems software maintenance periods.
- Define and plan changes to software configuration.
- Assist in the maintenance of the server hardware installation.
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES) REQUIRED
- A recognised Grade 12 Certificate.
- A minimum of three years’ Information Technology qualification obtained at University/Technikon.
- Three-year relevant work experience in an IS Department of which two years are in the VMware Virtualised environment and Microsoft Operating systems.
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert, e.g. MCSE 2012, MCSE 2016 or equivalent will be an advantage.
- Veeam Certified (advantage).
- VMware Certified Associate (advantage).
- DELL EMC Certified (advantage).
- Drivers licence and car required.
SALARY PACKAGE: R733,257.00 (package) OSD scales
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 11 August 2020 quoting the reference number IT/SYS-ADM/24/07/2020 in the subject line to Recruit@legal-aid.co.zaor apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Siphesihle Molefe, Tel: 011 877 2000
Preference will be given to candidates in terms of the Legal Aid SA Employment Equity Plan. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
LEGAL AID SA RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO Appoint.