JOBURG CITY THEATRES (JCT)
The Joburg City Theatres (JCT) is an entity of the City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality that stimulates and operates Joburg Theatre (Braamfontein), Roodepoort Theatre and Soweto Theatres.
Branch : Joburg Theatre
Designation: Stage Crew (Ref: SC/07/2020)
Salary: R 11 720.74 (Basic salary excluding benefits)
|Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:|
Assist with production move-in and out as it relates to props and scenery,
● Assist with the loading and offloading of trucks
● Perform basic repair functions related to stage equipment
● Serve as stage crew on all in-house productions and co-productions
● Operate any stage equipment within theatre when needed
● Report all mechanical faults to maintenance department and ensure that they are rectified on time● Interpret stage design and implement
● Inspect equipment, structures or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
● Study the script and consult with directors to assess what is required
● Ensure general cleanliness on stage side, side stage and other facilities and in order of productions
● Ensure that no hazards exists on stage
● Set up and operate stage equipment
● Enforce that scenery bars are in good working order and meets the required safety standards
● Ensure safety cables are attached to all hanging gear.
A minimum of 3 years’ working experience in theatre environment
● Experience in scenery and set building and /or Carpentry
● Physical strength to lift heavy equipment’s required
● Verbal communication In English.
Interested persons are requested to send their cover letter, detailed CV, recently certified copies of their qualifications and the Identity documents not longer than three months, quoting the relevant reference number to Mr. Thomas Sadiki, The Human Resources Manager, Joburg City Theatres, via email to: email@example.com
Enquiries: (011) 877 6859 / 6821
CLOSINGDATE: 06 AUGUST 2020
Joburg City Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and this position will be filled in line with its EE targets. Preference will be given to designated groups including people with disabilities.
PLEASE NOTE: JCT reserves the right not to make an appointment. Applications must contain at least 2 referees. Late submissions and/or applications will not be considered. Submission without certified copies of qualifications will not be considered. If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only those applicants required for an interview will be contacted.