Food aid services x 2
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS
Food aid services x 2 (CMS 01 /2020)
Salary: R145 281.00 per annum (Total package of R252 152.00)
An NQF level 1 or 2 (Abet level 2 certificate or equivalent).
No experience required.
Understanding one of the official languages used in the department.
Sound organising and planning skills.
Good communication skills.
Ability to work individually and in a team Good interpersonal relations skills.
Ability to work with difficult people; sense of responsibility and loyalty.
Ability to work under pressure.
Provide food aid services collect cups from workstation, boardrooms and offices and wash daily when there is a need collect and wash glasses and dishes from boardrooms after meetings and pack them back to cupboards, wash cutlery left in the sink, at pause areas and ensure that the place is tidy.
Provide logistic support to meetings in department.
Assist PA for preparation of meeting, assist PA to prepare breakfast and lunch for meetings, wash dishes after meetings.
Render cleaning services, clean pause areas, table tops three times a day and when needed, cleaning of fridges once a week, cleaning of microwaves twice a day and when there is a need, clean cupboards in kitchens, clean inside and outside surroundings of sinks in the kitchen and wet pause areas.
Provision of water at workstations, offices and boardrooms.
Collecting water bottles from offices/workstations and boardrooms, refill the bottles with fresh water, place water at the correct workstation, offices and boardrooms, prepare or fill water bottles with fresh water (for meetings, overnight preparation can be made for water to be cold).
Applications may be forwarded to: The Director-General, Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries, Private Bag X447, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-delivered to: Environment House, Erf 1563 Arcadia Extension 6, Cnr Soutpansberg and Steve Biko Road, Arcadia, Pretoria. Marked for the attention: Ms M van Schalkwyk.
Enquiries: Ms B Mampshika, Tel: 012 399 8516
For attention: Ms M van Schalkwyk
Closing date: 07 September 2020
Procedures and information to apply
In cases where procedures and information to apply (instructions) within the PDF advert shows slight differences to the ones outline below. Note that the instructions within the PDF advert supersede the ones outlined below and therefore instructions within the PDF advert should be followed and applied diligently.
- All applications must be submitted on a signed Z83 application form (PDF form ca be filled electronically) with a copy of a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications (Matric Certificate must also be attached, ID document, driver’s license (all attached documentation must not be older than six (06 )months) together with the recent curriculum vitae in order to be considered.
- The National Department of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates only.
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine their suitability for employment, including but not limited to: criminal records; citizenship status; credit worthiness; previous employment (reference checks); and qualification verification.
- Short-listed candidates will be expected to avail themselves at the department’s convenience.
- Entry level requirements for SMS posts: In terms of the Directive on Compulsory Capacity Development, Mandatory Training Days & Minimum Entry Requirements for SMS that was introduced on 1 April 2015, a requirement for all applicants for SMS posts from 1 April 2020 is a successful completion of the Senior Management Pre-Entry Programme as endorsed by the National School of Government (NSG). The course is available at the NSG under the name certificate for entry into SMS and the full details can be obtained by following the below link:https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entryprogramme/
- The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of completion of the NSG Public Service Senior Management Leadership Programme Certificate for entry into the SMS. Furthermore, candidates shortlisted for the SMS post will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job.
- Following the interview and the technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments.
- The person appointed to this position will be subjected to a security clearance, the signing of performance agreement and employment contract.
- The department reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have not been contacted within three (03) months after the closing date of the advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.