2X INTERNS (FINANCE) – CARNARVON
KAREEBERG LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
40/2020: 2X INTERNS (FINANCE) – CARNARVON
Salary: R 80 000 pa
The intern’s work programme will centre around the Municipality’s needs and may include work in the areas of budgeting, annual financial statement preparation, supply chain management, internal control, asset management, revenue management, expenditure management and financial reporting, client services and debtor services. Applicants should be interested in gaining experience and pursuing a career in Local Government finances and have a desire to contribute to community development through participation in public Service.
Contract: Two yearsRequirements:
• BComm Accounting / Finance / Internal Audit or National Diploma in Accounting / Finance / Internal Audit
• Sound understanding of computer literacy, e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Strong work ethic and enthusiasm to learn various components of financial management.
• Assist in developing financial policies and procedures
• Assist in compiling financial statements and management reports
• Assist in compiling the annual budget
• Assist in control and manage municipal bank accounts and investments
• Assist in the management of debtors and credit control processes.
• Assist in analysing reconciliations and finances
• Assist in effective manage the supply chain and manage assets and liabilities
Applicants should note that if they are not notified of the outcome of their applications within 90 days of the closing date for submission of applications, they may conclude that their applications were not successful. The municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment following the placement of this advertisement. Please forward your application to:
Kareeberg Local Municipality
Head: Corporate Services
Private Bag X226
Enquiries Mr N van Zyl
Application on the prescribed form should be accompanied by comprehensive CV together with certified copies of qualifications, ID Copy and Driver’s license.
Incomplete CV’s will not be considered. Faxed and Emailed applications are not allowed.
CLOSING DATE: 25 SEPTEMBER 2020 at 16H00
Mr Z Mjandana
ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER