Learnership Bellville (WC) & Centurion (GP)
Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who are we?
Sanlam Corporate Cluster comprises of the two existing businesses – Sanlam Employee Benefits (SEB) and Sanlam Health Management (SHM) and the soon to be established Sanlam Corporate Solutions. These businesses enhance our corporate business offering through providing integrated solutions for corporate clients both in South Africa and across the African continent by providing tailored solutions to targeted corporates.
About the Learnership
Sanlam Corporate offers a unique opportunity for young, enthusiastic and energetic persons from the designated groups to gain practical working experience in a corporate environment and obtain a national qualification. The learnership offers:
• A 12-month contract
• A monthly allowance and financial assistance for study purposes
• A national qualification (Certificate in Wealth Management, NQF level 4)
• On the job training and assessment
• Continuous coaching and mentoring
• A portfolio of working and learning evidence
What will you do?
• Acquire knowledge of company products, services and operational processes and systems
• Attend classroom-based lessons
• Complete practical onsite training
• Assemble a Portfolio of Evidence to submit to InSeta
• Fill out logbooks for workplace-based learning
• Pass and complete the required level in formative and summative assessments
• Carry out tasks and duties as contracted with your manager
What will make you successful in this role?
How do I qualify?
• Must be a South African citizen
• Not be currently employed
• Be aged between 18 and 30 years
• Must have passed Grade 12 Maths / Maths Literacy / Accounting and English with 50%
• Must have a good command of English (read, write and speak fluently)
• Must not have studied after Matric, and not currently be enrolled in any formal studies
• Not have completed a previous learnership
• Be willing to commit to complete the 12-month programme, which includes a full qualification
• Have a clear criminal and credit record
• Have reliable transport
• Be motivated to be educated and developed
• Show initiative and work independently
• Be a team player
• Have the ability to manage self-study and assignments
• Have excellent time-management
• Have a go-get attitude
How do I apply?
Please apply online on the Sanlam Careers site and attach the following compulsory documents:
• Comprehensive CV (please ensure your CV is updated)
• South African ID
• Matric Certificate
NB: Your application will be automatically disqualified if any of the above documents are outstanding.
The shortlisting process will commence once the application due date has been reached, and feedback will be provided within two weeks.
Please ensure that you are available during the following times:
• November 2020 – interviews and assessments
• December 2020 – if selected, sign offer Learnership Agreement
• 01 February 2021 – Learnership commences
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its business clusters – Sanlam Personal Finance, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Sanlam Investments, Sanlam Corporate, Santam, Miway, as well as the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Being resilient – Contributing dependently
Collaborates – Contributing dependently
Cultivates innovation – Contributing dependently
Customer focus – Contributing dependently
Drives results – Contributing dependently
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.