SAFOCOL LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME
Our Forest Our Future.
Silvicuture NQ5 Level 3 – Learnership Programme – 2021
Applicant are invited from unemployed youth (18 – 35 years of Age) who whish to pursue the career of forest. Successful applicants will be gratented an opportunity to participate in a formal 12 Months silvicuture learnship program (NQ3). This will be consist of accredited theorical and Practical training.
Learners will be based at the official SAFOCOL training center (Platorand) situated at Mpumalanga province. Learners will receive a monthly stipend for the duration of learnship.
Upon successful completion of the Leanership, learners will receive a nationally recognized qualifications. General education and training certificate silvicuture NQF level 3.
Learners will gain knowledge and experience that will improve their chances of getting employment with foresty companies and contractors or will be able to set up the own SMME.
• Regularly be required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk or hear; and smell;
• Will frequently be required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and occasionally sit.
reach with hands and arms and climb or balance;
• Regularly be exposed to outside weather conditions and moving mechanical parts and vibration.
• Must be able to sustain a noise level that is usually loud;
• Must be capable of lifting and moving parts up to 30-40 lbs on a consistent basis;
• Must able to work on your feet (stand or walk) for entire assigned work shift;
• Must be willing to perform other general tasks as assigned by Management.
• Proven communication skills both Written and Verbal (English& French);
• Ability to follow instructions and work independently;
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a solid team environment;
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees and supervisors;
• Ability to work efficiently;
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• This position has no direct reports.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the
following Pre-employment conditions:
• Reference Checks;
• Criminal Background Checks.
Must be a South African citizen.
Must be unemployed youth between age of 18 to 35 years.
Must have successfully passed matric grade 12.
Must have passion for forestry environment and be able to work outdoors.
How to Apply :
Attach the following certified documents copies with your application letter
° Curriculum Vitae
° Matric Certificate (Grade 12)
° Identity Documents
Enquiries : Zipho mokgale 013 754 2700
Send your c.v to following Email :
Hand Delivery :
Platorand Training center
Private Bag X 526
Closing Date : 23 October 2020.