Road Accident Fund – Occupational Therapist (x1)
The Road Accident Fund’s mission is to provide appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner; and to actively promote safe use of our roads
The Organisation requires the services of qualified individual for the following position; the position will be based in Head Office.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
LOCATION: CenturionCLOSING DATE & TIME: 11/17/2020 11:55 PM
Purpose of the Job: Reporting to the Medical Advisor, the successful incumbent will be accountable for the implementation of occupational therapy programs or undertaking of specified client care activities in line with the scope of practice for occupational therapists.
Key Performance Areas
Review, align and update existing OT related tariffs including in-built rules applicable to OT profession
- Review and identify gaps in the existing OT tariffs.
- Align the updated tariff to the developed evidence-based treatment protocols.
- Develop in-built rules and align them with the updated tariff.
Define and develop evidence based treatment protocols in respect of the categories of injuries
- Define Treatment protocol framework comprising of clinical policies, processes and guidelines.
- Develop associated treatment plan templates which accommodates the following codes: ICD10 codes, CPT codes and NAPPI codes (cross walks).
- Ensure that treatment protocols are designed to assist patients to get back to their maximum potential in both work and sport, including adaptation to permanent disabilities.
- Develop processes for implementation for assessing clinical functions to:
- Conduct assessments to measure physical and functional abilities.
- Plan and directs specific therapeutic/ rehabilitative programs.
- Select and designs a variety of activities that assist as affected movement or function.
- Assist patients to gain or regain skills in social, leisure and work environments through graded individual and group therapy and activity programs.
- Monitor the progress of patients and adjust treatment programme where required.
Draft clinical guidelines and processes
- Draft concrete and specific guidelines to assist the medical/ rehabilitation staff on what type of care that should be provided.
- Refer patients to other facilities/ specialists where required.
- Device procedures and standards for treatment and exercise programs.
- Research, benchmark best practice for vocational rehabilitation.
- Draft guidelines for vocational rehabilitation and return to work.
Stakeholder Relations Management
- Consult with relevant stakeholders (Professional Bodies) on a regular basis to keep up with industry updates, e.g. OTASA.
- Ensure stakeholder awareness and buy-in on the new protocols being developed.
Administration and report writing
- Collection of patient statistics to inform future decisions.
- Compile monthly reports.
- Develop and implement health education programs for claimants and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure processes are in place to have accurate and timeous patient data and information.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree @ NQF 7 in Occupational Therapy.
- Valid registration with the HPCSA as an Occupational Therapist.
- A qualification in evidence-based medicine and/or treatment protocol development will be advantageous.
- Relevant 5 -7 years’ experience in the field of Occupational Therapy of which 2 years must have been on a supervisory level/ or area of expertise.
- Experience in Vocational Rehabilitation and Return to work guidelines.
- Experience in defining and developing evidence based treatment protocols of Occupational Therapy-related treatment protocols.
- With experience working with ICD 10 codes, CPT codes and NAPPI codes Experience in Functional Capacity Evaluation and associated reports and tariffs applicable.
- Experience in Vocational Rehabilitation, Community or Home-based Occupational Therapy, with a good understanding of issues of access, affordable and reasonable Home Modifications necessary for people living with disabilities.
Technical and behavioral competencies required
- Strategic capability and leadership.
- Results orientation.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Brand and stakeholder orientation.
- Organisational resilience.
- Team resilience.
- Network and alliances.
- Talent management.
- Change management.
- Computer literacy.
- Display a basic understanding of evidence-based medicine (rehabilitation).
- Knowledge of standards within the health industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of systems and process requirements for efficient medical claims processing that are used in the medical aid or other funding industries.
- Knowledge and understanding of rehabilitation principles.
- Knowledge of the legislation governing RAF, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of the RABS Bill and its benefits.
- Knowledge of Medical Disability Guidelines applicable to trauma and MVA related conditions.
- Knowledge of Medical Billing, Tariffs and Coding applicable to Occupational intervention and rehabilitation.
- Knowledge of modalities of treatment for musculo-skeletal, neurological and other conditions associated with trauma or motor vehicle accidents.
- Knowledge of the National Health Act, RAF Act and other health related legislation such as the Medical Scheme’s Act, etc.
- Knowledge of general rules governing the tariffs for occupational therapy.
- Knowledge of modifiers applicable to Occupational Therapy tariffs.
- Knowledge of evaluation procedures, measurements, assistive devices, treatment or rehabilitation procedures or therapy applicable to Occupational Therapy profession.
Total cost to company applicable to this position is minimum R766 887.00per annum, negotiable.
Closing date: 17 November 2020
Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer at Eco Glades;email address isThembelihle.firstname.lastname@example.org OR hand delivered at 420 Witch-Hazel Avenue, Eco Glades 2, Centurion.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
- Please indicate your current salary and salary expectations if considered for the position.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are underrepresented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
- Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
- Security Vetting shall be conducted on all prospective employees
- It is the applicants’ responsibility to have foreign qualification evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such evaluation.