GAUTENG GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (GGDA)
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: EXECUTIVE PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE GROUP CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER FOR GAUTENG GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (GGDA)
(PERMANENT CONTRACT WITH THREE MONTHS’ PROBATION, GRADE D1, SALARY R537 777.00 TOTAL COST OF EMPLOYMENT)
The Gauteng Growth and Development Agency (GGDA) is the implementation arm of the Gauteng Department of Economic Development (GDED), it is mandated to lead, facilitate and manage sustainable job creation and inclusive economic growth and development in the Gauteng City Region through:
• Enabling economic development that is focused on creating sustainable jobs through facilitating the focused delivery of key national and provincial programmes of action.
• Strategically positioning the province into a globally competitive city region.
• Facilitating partnerships and create linkages across the province in order to maximise service delivery outcomes.
• Supporting the development of Key Sectors of Economy in line with established economic and industrial policies of the province, through:
Land and Development
Trade and Investment Promotion
The position of the Personal Assistant is on permanent appointment and the recommended candidate will be expected to provide effective personal assistance and support to the Group Chief Executive Officer (GCEO) and his /her duties will be the following:
• Manage the GCEO’s diary and schedule appointments with clients, internal departments, external stakeholders, sister agencies and Department of Economic Development
• Ensure GCEO’s availability to attend events and secure in the diary
• Manage the day to day activities of the GCEO’s office, make necessary arrangement and representations where GCEO is not available
• Take minutes in relevant meetings of the GCEO
• Follow up to ensure scheduled meetings take place and prioritise meetings to ensure there are no double bookings
• Handle and screen incoming calls, take messages or direct the calls to the GCEO
• Liaise with Senior Manager in the Office of GCEO in order to ensure timely response to client or investor queries.
• Handle telephonic enquiries on behalf of GCEO and liaise with the offices of GCOO and Senior Manager in the Office of GCEO.
• Co-ordinate the submissions of all enquiries from the Shareholder, Provincial Treasury, Office of the Premier, Provincial legislature and related structures in consultation with the Senior Manager in the Office of the GCEO and the GCOO.
• Provide support to the GCEO in respect of official matters and provide necessary assistance on personal or related matters.
• Check the GCEO’s emails to ensure information is communicated timeously.
• Ensure efficiency in the office of GCEO and oversee aesthetics and cleanliness.
• Along the protocols, co-ordinate the interface by the GCEO with Municipalities, Provincial / National Government Departments and Agencies and in line with Government cluster requirements
• Co-ordinate and expedite follow-up work as may be required i.e. record and circulate tasks to the Group EXCO Members and conduct follow-ups in collaboration with the Senior Manager in the Office of GCEO.
• Manage relationships within relevant levels within the organisation, other government departments, sister agencies, the Board and office of the MEC.
• Give advice to PAs, Secretaries and Administrators within GGDA and subsidiaries on the relevant administrative protocols, procedures, handling of documents and correspondence in the office of GCEO.
• Ensure privacy and confidentiality in the office of GCEO.
• Review documents to be submitted to the GCEO for signature and make necessary recommendations on any amendments to be made to the relevant person.
• Ensure all documentation is presented in the correct format for submission to the GCEO.
• Advise the Group EXCO Members on timely and correct submissions of presentations/ documents.
• Type reports, letters and presentations in the appropriate format.
• Conduct relevant desktop research when required on certain issues that GCEO needs present on.
• Co-ordinate travel arrangements with Finance in terms of flight bookings, accommodation and car hire and Coordinate logistics for employee’s meetings with the GCEO.
• AS MINIMUM, APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
• 5-7 years relevant senior secretarial and office administration experience at an executive level.
• Relevant post matric qualification, accredited P A / Secretarial / General Administration Diploma preferred.
• Advanced Computer Skills (MS Word / Excel & PowerPoint) Experience in word, Excel, PowerPoint, project management, events coordination, interpersonal skills, ability to liaise at level up to Minister.
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
• A very good understanding of the relationships between GGDA and its shareholder/ similar environment and strategic external stakeholders. `
• Good exposure and sound experience of Public Relations essential
• Good communication skills at all levels internal and external to organization
• Must have excellent command of the English language (spoken & written). Must be eloquent.
• Must be assertive and tactful
• Must have the ability to manage and coordinate general office functions, be proactive, and be able to work independently.
• Professionalism & confidentiality is of utmost importance
• Drive and continuous improvement
Preference will be given to people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged individuals to promote Employment Equity within the group
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within three months after the closing date, please regard your application as having been unsuccessful.
The closing date for applications is 28 January 2021 12h00 Midday and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enquiries and submissions should be addressed to [email protected]