INTERN CIRCULAR: 001/2021
CITY OF JOHANNESBURG
Group Corporate & Shared Services: Group Human Capital Management
6th Floor, B Block Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein
PO Box 1049 Johannesburg, South Africa, 2000
Tel +27(0) 11 407 6111 – Fax +27(0) 11 339 1878
INTERN CIRCULAR: 001/2021
1. Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
2. An application letter together with a comprehensive CV must be forwarded to the contact details mentioned in the circular attached.
3. The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
4. Applications, which have not been responded to within 6 weeks of closing date, should be regarded as unsuccessful.
5. Appointments will be made in accordance with the CO3 Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
6. The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
7. Finalization of the appointments to be within 4 months from the closing date of circular.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 22 JANUARY 2020
INTERNSHIP POSITIONS (001/2021)
This Vacancy is open to YOUTH in the Johannesburg community
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of an academic qualification to obtain experiential training. The City is committed to provide work-based training for students.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Citizen Relationship & Urban Management Department has the following Internship opportunity available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months.
The details are as follows:
1. Department: Citizen Relationship & Urban Management
Branch: Integrated Service. Delivery
Salary Range: R3 500 pm (cost to company, basic salary, no benefitsAppointment Requirements:
• Post Matric and currently studying towards a Certificate/National Diploma or Degree in Administration and/or Secretarial;
• Confirmation letter from the institution;
• Computer literacy in MS Office packages and Internet.
• Must be able to work extended hours as and when required;
• Ages between 18 — 35 years; and
• Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Primary Function: To provide administrative support to the ISD Unit, in order to achieve efficient organisational processes and attainment of highest customer service standards.
Key Learning Areas: To provide administrative, interpersonal, public relations and professional support skills to the Line Manager in rendering an effective urban management service in the Region, thus ensuring that the Department meets the goals and objective of the Urban Management Function of the City.
Leading Competencies: Work independently and able to work overtime and do standby when required. Work under pressure. Positive attitude and self-motivated.
Core Competencies: Good Interpersonal and Communication skills. Must be able to function under physical and mentally stressful conditions. Coordination, Problem analysis and Problem-Solving skills required.
Contact Person: Marinda Smit
Tel No: (011) 203 3349
All applications will be through the website using this link:
Or visit www.joburg.org.zaand click on Vacancies.
An Application letter and comprehensive CV, proof of residence, certified copy of ID and Qualifications will be required.
CLOSING DATE: 22 JANUARY 2021
INTERN VACANCY CIRCULAR: 001/2021