- Support TETA Strategic Projects and Initiatives
9.1. Identify and recommend subsector/industry/ other government strategic projects;
9.2. Evaluate, recommend and prepare contracts for strategic projects;
9.3. Manage and coordinate externally funded programmes;
9.4. Manage and coordinate provincial authorities and/or other SETAs linkage and participation;
9.5. Manage and monitor strategic projects implementation and administration.
- Manage Chamber Reports
10.1. Compile financial and operational reports;
10.2. Submit and present Chamber operation, financial and administrative actions, initiatives and constraints
- Management Responsibility
11.1. Identify and monitor team and individual goals;
11.2. Manage staff time, attendance and leave according to policy;
11.3. Ensure completion of performance appraisal of staff on or before the due date;
11.4. Ensure Job profiles are updated and signed annually;
11.5. Ensure communication with department staff and following up department goals;
11.6. Ensure no repeat findings in the AG management report and implement corrective actions on existing findings;
11.7. Ensure no repeat findings in the internal audit report and implement corrective actions on existing findings.
- Manage Personal and Staff Performance
12.1. Manage, monitor and check on performance agreements development and signature;
12.2. Manage, monitor and check on performance assessments and review implementation;
12.3. Manage, monitor and check on personal development plans submission, approval and implementation;
12.4. Monitor and check on employee capacity needs;
12.5. Identify and agree on team and individual goals.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
2.1 Experience and Qualification
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Education Training and Development or equivalent tertiary qualification;
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience in the Education Training and Development sector, 3 years of which should be at a management level;
• Experience in SETAs or Transport Sector environment will be advantageous;
• Experience in skills planning and funding, learnerships, and strategic stakeholder management;
• Experience in planning and executing of projects;
• Be prepared to travel and work overtime.
2.2 Knowledge and Skills
2.2.1 Knowledge and understanding of:
• Business administration;
• Information and reporting management;
• Project Management;
• Contract Management;
• Relationship Management;
• National Skills Development Policy and Strategy;
• Strategic planning and Budget management;
• Education, training and development;
• The following legislations – Skills Development Act, Skills Development Levies Act, National Skills Development Plan, Public Finance Management Act, National Treasury regulations, Quality
Council for Trades and Occupations Act, Protection of Personal Information Act and South African Qualification Authority.
• Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills;
• Consultation and relationship building skills;
• Planning, monitoring and reporting skills;
• Presentation, communication and report writing skills;
• Project management skills;
• Computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Power Point.
Only applicants who meet the minimum requirements should apply by forwarding their detailed CV and cover letter. All applicants will be considered in terms of TETA Employment Equity Plan. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Should you not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.