Security Team Leader – Assurance
Kimberley, Northern Cape 8301
Full Job Description
-DE BEERS GROUP – THE WORLD’S LEADING DIAMOND COMPANY
We are the world’s leading diamond company – a unique, luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
As we embark on a journey to accelerate the transformation of our business into one that is better positioned to realise the opportunities ahead of us, we welcome and encourage diverse perspectives from those individuals who spark fresh thinking and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
We’ll provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions and – working together – you’ll help us realise our own ambition to be the pioneer of a new diamond world.
-The purpose of the Security Team Leader – Assurance is to ensure implementation and adherence to security policies, procedures, objectives and client needs through surveillance. The role will lead the People and Process monitoring section effectively in order to provide maximum output from surveillance systems and to ensure surveillance provides security of people, processes and product.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Compile, review and ensure compliance of the DBSSSA surveillance plan and apply and maintain security control measures in accordance with the security plan.
- Provide assurance that all security controls, procedures and systems are effective in the People and Process Monitoring domain.
- Identify problems and vulnerabilities in the area of responsibility and suggests remedial actions.
- Gather information with regards to diamond audit and surveillance duties in strict compliance with the applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and confidentiality directives (Auditing authority).
- Coordinate data from the access and surveillance systems to minimize risks, evaluate the effectiveness and efficiencies to ensure optimal utilization in accordance with approved protocols.
- Recommend and incorporate cost saving initiatives into budgets and control expenditure within approved parameters.
- Implement Security Emergency Response Plans, Crisis Response Plans, and Disaster Recovery Plans in the Surveillance domain.
- Provide first line support to Surveillance and co-ordinate early stages of emergency incident responses until response team is formed and operational.
-Relevant tertiary qualification at NQF level 5 (National Higher Certificate) in Security Management or recognised equivalent
- PSIRA Grade C
Role-Specific Knowledge and Experience:
- Legal knowledge – Criminal Procedures Act, Diamond Act, company policies and related security operating procedures
- Working knowledge of the Group Threat, Vulnerability and Risk process
- Working knowledge of the Nice Vision surveillance system or other systems knowledge
- Experience in CCTV monitoring environment
- Production processes knowledge
- Supervisory experience, preferably in the security environment
- Experience in Investigations and Data Analytics (advantageous)
-Who we are:
Established in 1888, De Beers Group is the world’s leading diamond company with unrivalled expertise in the exploration, mining, sorting, valuing, selling and marketing of diamonds. Together with our joint venture partners, we operate in more than 20 countries across six continents.
We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
We build partnerships and connect with our people and their communities to make a positive contribution to the wider world. We’re constantly developing new ways to make an impact and build a beneficial legacy. We call it ‘Building Forever’ – it’s fundamental to our pioneering spirit and the purposeful way we do business.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect .
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click the link and complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process
Closing date: 3 August 2021
De Beers Group of Companies