CABLING ASSISTANT x2
Kimberley, Northern Cape
Job Type: Permanent
Full Job Description
Skills and experience required :
• Ability to work with power and hand tools.
• Knowledge on best practices for cable runs, cable bends and labelling.
• Customer service oriented.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work neatly and systematically.
• Ability to work unsupervised.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines.
• Well groomed.
• Prepared to work overtime.
• 1 to 2 years’ experience preferred
• Valid driver’s licence preferred.
Minimum education requirements :
• Grade 10 or equivalent.
Duties and responsibilities :
• Assist engineers with cabling of installations.
• Assist technicians by removing old equipment from clients’ premises.
• Assist by running new cables, applying glue, drill holes, mount detectors, panels, contacts, lights, etc.
• Inform technicians of any shortfalls or limitations of the equipment and tools.
• Inform technicians of cabling and sundries required for an installation / Ensure that you have sufficient cabling to complete an installation.
• Ensure vehicles and sites are clean upon completion of an installation.
• Ensure that tasks are completed neatly and carefully.
• Ensure that company equipment is removed before leaving premises.
• Ensure that work is done within the prescribed Nashua standards.
• Adhere to any Ad Hoc instructions/requirements.
This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not include other duties as assigned.
** The shortlisting- and interview process will be in line with our Employment Equity and Transformation strategy**
Nashua South Africa