Internship: Small Animal, Equine and Production Animal Clinics
Salary: R300 108 a year
Full Job Description
The successful candidate will actively participate in the following areas:
- Provide a clinical service with associated administrative responsibilities within several sections of the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital (OVAH) under the mentorship of Faculty Specialists;
- Participate in after-hours work (weekdays and week-ends) and/or community clinical activities on a rotational basis for exposure in community, trauma and emergency medicine at the OVAH and/or satellite facilities;
- Participate in the clinical training of undergraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students, including supervision of clinical procedures as part of offering clinical services;
- Have an opportunity to participate in clinical rounds and other research activities as an introduction to the research requirements of the MMedVet programme;
- Participate in an intern mentorship programme, designed to support non-clinical development as a prospective specialist.
- BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
- Registration/authorisation, or eligibility to be authorised as a veterinarian with the SAVC;
- Acknowledged clinical expertise;
- Valid working visa (where relevant);
- Adequate subject knowledge necessary for the post.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet);
- After-hours availability.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Commitment to further academic development.
The all-inclusive remuneration package for this contract position will be R300,108 per annum
Applicants are requested to apply online, quoting the applicable reference number.
In applying for this post, please attach:
- Letter indicating your order of clinic preference;
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 31 August 2021
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Granny Maseko, [email protected] for application related enquiries,
Dr Vanessa McClure (Small Animals) [email protected], Dr Yolandi Smit (Equines) [email protected] and Dr Rebone Moerane (Production Animals) [email protected] for enquiries related to the post content
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 October 2021, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised.
University of Pretoria