Vacancy: Learning Programmes Internship Administrator (Temp)
Duration: Fixed term contract until December 2021
Total monthly package: R15, 157.08
Location: Head Office Parktown
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) that facilitates skills development training in terms of the Skills Development Act 97 of 1998, under the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). The MQA also supports mine health and safety for the mining and minerals sector in terms of the Mine Health and Safety Act 29 of 1996, under the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE).
The MQA requires the services of Learning Programmes Internship Administrator on a contractual basis in the Learning Programmes Unit.
To help with administrative duties in the Learning Programmes unit.
The successful candidate will report to the Learning Programs Specialist.
Key Performance Areas
The Learning Programmes Internship Administrator (Temp) will be required to provide additional support to the Learning Programmes Unit as well as the Internship Specialist by performing the following duties:
- General administration of Learning Programmes contracts and grants;
- Co-ordinate and control internal and external documents for the Learning Programmes Unit;
- Maintain the Learning Programmes Learner Database;
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer service;
- Assist and participate in the administrative requirements necessary for monitoring and evaluation, learner verification activities, and grant processing; and
- Perform any other duties delegated by the Learning Programmes Manager and Project Specialist.
Key requirements: Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- National Diploma in Office Administration/HR Management/Training/Management/Operations or equivalent NQF Level 6 qualification.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in /HR Management/Training/Management/Operations; or equivalent qualification at (NQF Level 7) in abovementioned fields will be an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in administration;
- Knowledge of document management systems;
- Knowledge of working on Management Information System;
- Knowledge of administration processes; and
- Knowledge SETAs will be an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- The ability and willingness work flexible hours; and
- Knowledge of the mining and mineral sector will be an added advantage.
Closing Date: 10 August 2021. No late applications will be considered.
Interested candidates should submit their applications which shall consist of comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of their qualifications, and valid proof of identification to: [email protected]
The MQA is an Equal Opportunity Employer; therefore, the filling of the position will be in line with its Employment Equity Plan.
Recommended candidates will be expected to undergo a vetting processes. Successful applicant will be required to disclose their financial interest.
Should you not hear from the MQA within 4 weeks of the closing date, you must regard your application as unsuccessful.
The MQA reserves the right not to appoint any person for this position.