Bakery Assistant – Flourmills, Frankfort
Full Job Description
VKB Flour Mills (Pty) Ltd with investments in bakeries, is a subsidiary of VKB Agri Processors (Pty) Ltd and part of the VKB Group. The company is a wheat mill and bakery situated in Frankfort in the Free State province. This organisation, which strives towards healthy and modern business practices, offers employees the opportunity to utilise and develop their knowledge and skills in a competitive work environment. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
To perform tasks of a repetitive nature as requested by management.
- Grade 12 or NQF4
- Punctual and willing to work overtime
- Clean Criminal Record
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating a welcoming and positive customer experience at the bakery counter.
- Advising customers on baked goods selection and taking orders.
- Weighing, pricing, and packaging purchased items, as well as processing payments.
- Managing the baking ingredients inventory and requesting the purchase of stock.
- Tracking ingredient expiry dates and arranging their use accordingly.
- Monitoring the visual appeal and the availability of baked goods on display.
- Reporting low baked goods stock to the Baker in a timely manner.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy baked goods counter and performing other duties on request.
- Cleaning the kitchen after business hours and preparing it for the next day.
- Managing customer complaints and relaying them to the Baker.
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Thorough, precise and accurate
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px