CLOSING DATE: 31 AUGUST 2021
Market Related (Cost to Company)
Wesgro, is the official tourism, trade and investment promotion agency for Cape Town and the Western Cape. Our role is to position and market Cape Town and the Western Cape as a desirable place to visit, trade with and invest in. Wesgro is an agency filled with people passionate about this place we live in, passionate about driving its success and passionate about being innovative and forward thinking!
This Cape Town-based vacancy is on offer to dynamic individuals with the skills and competencies required to perform in this exciting environment.
This is contractual position subject to the successful candidate signing a performance agreement and successfully completing the six month probationary period.
Reference Number: CS/ITS
Purpose of the vacancy: The incumbent will be responsible to assist with technical support to resolve end user matters relating to all Desktop, Application and IT issues which are related to the function of the Help Desk and troubleshoots.
Requirements: The applicant must be in possession of a relevant qualification or degree in the field of computer science and have a minimum of 4 years applicable work experience · Microsoft certification (e.g. MCSA, MCSE and MCITP) · At least 1 years’ experience as a CRM administration/coordinator or similar role · At least 2 years’ experience in IT infrastructure · Knowledge of South African IT legislation · A proven record of experience in a technically suitable IT related field · Understanding of software development life cycle and quality assurance concepts and procedures · Network support and troubleshooting is essential · Current ICT technology and trends.
Key Competencies: Must have a strong mix of the following skills and capabilities: · Strong analytical abilities · Professional office experience · High degree of accuracy and attention to detail · Be proactive · Creative thinking and fast learner · Problem solving skills · Project management · Excellent communication etiquette to all internal and external clients · Assist in giving training and providing support to end users · Apply laws, regulations and policies · Provide technical guidance for ICT problems · Be customer focused · Assess current trends in the industry · Ability to perform consistently under pressure · Negotiation skills · Work well within a team and Independently · Be prepared to work irregular hours. Office365 and Azure. Asset Management
- Be a primary point of support for users by providing IT Helpdesk support and resolve queries timeously.
- Effectively assist to manage the incident to completion of IT Help Desk queries as well as Trouble-shoots end user functional issues.
- Manage the Office365 and Azure environments
- Manage and Install the Virtual Server environment (Nutanix)
- Backup and Restores
- Manage the on premise Exchange in current Hybrid Environment
- Manage and report on Mimecast Email environment
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Resolution and work order tracking using IT help desk system.
- Create, delete and maintain system accounts and passwords in active directory, corporate email system, phone system and related applications and services.
- Installs and maintains PC hardware and software to allow users to access the network.
- Perform system backups and recovery per backup schedule as supervised by the Senior IT Support.
- Proficiency with antivirus & Spyware solutions, backup and disaster recovery applications, network security systems.
- Record, document and track the movement of ICT assets.
- Perform basic user training with use of office applications.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by ICT Manager.
- Active Directory manage and maintain the current structure
- Manage Anti-Virus and report any issues(Sophos)
The successful candidate will report to the ICT Manager
PO Box 1678, Cape Town, 8000, Preferable email your CV to [email protected]
Direct all enquiries to N Manana: Human Resources Manager on 021 487 8600
Closing date – 31 August 2021
Should you not receive any response from us within 14 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful