Safety and Compliance Officer
Location: Meyerton, GT, ZA, 1960
Company: South32 Group Operations Pty. Ltd.
Supports Line Leadership in ensuring a safe workplace is maintained in compliance to legislative requirements and company standards. To ensure that all work performed on the plant is done safely through the use of the Permit to Work System.
- Serious contenders will have a Grade 12 with Maths and Science, 3 years’ experience in Plant operations.
- Act as a role model safety leader
- Maintain health, safety and housekeeping within the internal environment
- Conduct investigations into workplace incidents
- Report any unsafe behavior, conditions and incidents to the responsible person Report all safety deviations to Maintenance Superintendent and capture on G360
- Ensure compliance with Legal and South32 requirements
- Ensure competency levels are aligned to HSEC risks
- Provide supervision on adhoc
- Conduct issue-based risk assessments and take appropriate action
- Guide and instruct the team with regards to significant deviations in the plant processing which may influence safety
- Identify and improve shortcomings on InteliPermit System
Please apply online by entering the preferred position reference nr at our website http://careers.south32.net
(Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups)
Applications close 12 September 2021 at 17H00.
South32 has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility.