NIR Sales Consultant
NIR Sales Consultant- 111566
Sales and Services
Sales and Services
Manage Self Technical
FAIS Affected – Yes
To retain, maintain and increase Nedbank’s client base through relevant need-based selling and servicing of financial products and services to the In-Retailer market segment.
- Deliver on agreed sales and service opportunities by selling Nedbank products in identified In-retailer stores and communities (i.e. Boxer and Personal Loans).
- Accept and implement advice to fulfill on sales opportunities and through involving local the community.
- Understand and meet the In-retailer market client need through conducting client needs-based analysis aligned to Nedbank procedures and the FAIS Act.
- Create synergy and build relationships with internal stakeholders by participating in collaboration meetings and adhering to standard operating procedures.
- Build and maintain internal and external vendor and supplier relationships by identifying improvement opportunities and by meeting with vendors and suppliers according to Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure work completed to plan, progress reviewed and corrective action taken by monitoring activities, reviewing action plans and taking corrective action.
- Deliver agreed results and create an environment in communities for selling Nedbank products and services by utilizing resources according to Nedbank policies and procedures.
- Manage risk by meeting technical, company standards, practices and resource management (e.g. ultraviolet lights to identify false identity documents).
- Comply with risk standards, monitor and ensure corrective action taken.
- Resolve challenges in community sales areas through following managerial escalation channels and by maintaining a client centric approach.
- Identify and resolve work obstacles and problems through participating in team meetings, sharing information and reviewing performance against targets and standards.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities.
- Contribute to the Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models and systems though agile thinking.
Minimum Experience Level
1-2 years experience in a customer service and/or sales environment, in a financial institution
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Diploma or Degree in Finance or FAIS-related qualification.
Type of Exposure
- Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Managing conflict situations
- Communicating internally
- Checking accuracy of reports and records
- Building and maintaining effective relationships externally and internally
- Managing customer expectations
- Interacting with diverse people
- Interacting with external clients
- Working in a fast passed environment
- Working in a team
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Business terms and definitions
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Administrative procedures and systems
- Data analysis
- Relevant software and systems knowledge
- Banking knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Sustaining Customer Satisfaction
- Building Trusting Relationships
- Driving for Results
- Planning and Organizing
- Building Networks
- Qualifying Sales
- Sales Persuasion
- Targeting Sales Opportunities