Strategy Management Office
Executive Management Department
The main purpose of this position is to provide administrative support and assistance to the Head: Strategy Management Office (SMO) within the Executive Management Department of the South African Reserve Bank (SARB).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
• Manage and maintain the Head: SMO’s diary, including logistical arrangements for appointments and travel in liaison with relevant personnel.
• Ensure that all submissions are submitted to the correct committees before the deadlines (e.g. Governors’ Executive Committee submissions).
• Receive, screen and respond to incoming calls using own initiative and, where appropriate, deal with queries and/or route calls to appropriate persons and/or departments.
• Prepare and edit correspondence, communication, presentations and other documents, and conduct basic investigations and analysis where necessary for this purpose.
• Ensure that all incoming and outgoing correspondence is registered and filed in accordance with the File Plan of the SARB.
• Collate and coordinate project-based and other information on behalf of the Head: SMO and SMO project office.
• Review operating practices in own area and implement improvements where necessary.
• Maintain positive internal and external relationships, engaging with members and stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
• Create and maintain a contact database for the SMO.
• Perform day-to-day duties in an ethical manner that involves maintaining absolute confidentiality in all matters related to the SMO.
• Distribute correspondence, circulars and memorandums to staff in the department or the SARB on issues emanating from the SMO.
• Execute any other tasks as instructed by the Head: SMO, as and when required.
To be considered for this position, candidates must be in possession of:
• a Grade 12 certificate and a Diploma in Office Administration; and
• two to five years’ experience in a corporate personal assistant or an equivalent role.
Additional requirements are as follows:
• proficiency in English (both verbal and written skills);
• proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Power Point and Excel) and Outlook;
• ability to work independently and outside of normal working hours, when required;
• excellent typing skills and telephone etiquette;
• good communication and interpersonal skills;
• time and quality management skills;
• organisational awareness;
• ability to take initiative;
• attention to detail and dedication to tasks;
• knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures;
• the ability to plan and organise events;
• problem-solving skills; and
How To Apply
All interested parties are invited to apply.Internal applicants MUST apply through the ERP system.
External applicants MUST apply online, via www.resbank.co.za.
• All the available vacancies will be visible.
• Please follow these links: WORK @ SARB > Latest vacancies.
− Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (Ensure that you include all your skills and qualifications during the registration process.); or
− Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Login here.
• Select the ‘Date posted’ > ‘Last 3 weeks’ (in the drop-down menu).
• Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualifications with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and a security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications 13 September 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The SARB offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his/her experience and competence.
Ms Sarah Molomo
Senior Manager: Recruitment and Selection
Human Resources Department
South African Reserve Bank
Amount of Travel
Work At Home
Apply on company site
South African Reserve Bank