Fidelity Services Group
Posted 13 August 2021 – Closing Date 29 October 2021
Fidelity ADT – Midrand
Company primary industry
Security and Investigations
Job functional area
Fidelity Services Group Graduate Programme
Fidelity Services Group has become the leading total integrated services and risk solution provider within Southern Africa, boasting with state-of-the-art security and services-related solutions tailored to exceed customer expectations. We are looking for natural-born heroes to join our team who are all about protecting and serving our communities as dedicated naturally forged family functioning members, in an environment where work is a passion and a lifestyle. These incumbents need to be self-starters with a strong entrepreneurial flair.
Our 58 000 employees might wear invisible capes but make a significant difference to the wellbeing and safety of those around them – something which is evident and clear for all to see. Our ethics and values are non-negotiable and form the cornerstone of our search for individuals willing to take the pledge, a pledge which has made us the undisputed market leader with over 50 subsidiary businesses.
We provide innovative, affordable, and superior service solutions and products, underpinned by customer focus and excellent operational skills. Working for Fidelity Services Group is more than just a job, it’s an adventure filled with challenges, obstacles, and missions, always looking to move forward by finding new ways to improve our service offerings.
Exciting heroic career opportunities are available in various divisions at different levels – these include our Guarding Services, Armed Response, Commercial Security Solutions, Vehicle Tracking, Insurance, Cleaning, Specialised Services, Fire Solutions, Cash-In-Transit, Cash Master, and other Cash Management Solutions.
Our heroes are our priority and we are committed to their well-being, as well as their safety, progress, and access to knowledge enhancement, upgrading of skills and other benefits. Nurturing your superpowers is one of our main priorities here at the Fidelity Services Group and this has brought us great success over many years.
What is the graduate program?
Fidelity Services Group is offering a select few graduates an opportunity to embark on a unique 24-month development programme that will equip them with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to lead a team in the business, providing you with an opportunity to transition into an identified role within the organization. During your time you will be developing knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as personal characteristics that will enable you to lead, show innovation and implement agreed strategies with ambition passion and urgency.
The graduate programme will help to develop both your individual attributes and career aspirations through exposure to various specialized business concepts, objectives and outcomes.
Exposure to business concepts forming part of the graduate programme:
- The management and effective control of resources
- The implementation of organisational strategies, policies, practices, processes and procedures
- Utilising available resources to meet the demands of the company and customers
- Remaining competitive and taking cognisance of applicable legislation and best practices to perform daily activities of the operations in a responsible manner with quality and quantity of work as a priority
- Provide graduates the opportunity to be a part of an accelerated development programme that aims to fast-track their career journey
- Ensure that a developmental pipeline is created for key roles within identified business units
Graduate programme outcomes:
- Learn how to manage yourself and others and lead a team
- Understand the operations of the business and its departments by conducting SWOT Analyses etc.
- Explore business functions that will increase productivity, quality and customer services while reducing costs through utilising modern process techniques
- Understand the monthly, quarterly and annual financial processes and propose ways to optimise spend or reduce costs
- Internal and external customer and stakeholder satisfaction
- Understanding the sales cycle and how the business ensures effective sales management, optimal employee productivity as well as resource and cost management
- Propose business solutions in terms of operational efficiencies in terms of technical requirements, guarding services, cash processing, armed response, business development, and sales
- Ensure a zero harm culture through following OH&S and COIDA policies
- Understand contracts that exist between the client and the Fidelity Services Group.
- Learn about the organisational culture and different Human Capital processes.
- Learn to engage and liaise with external role players that includes but is not limited to community leaders, employer organisations, SAPS and community forums
- Understanding the impact of relevant legislation that includes but is not limited to BCEA, NKP Act, PSIRA Act, Firearms Control Act, POPI Act, Criminal Procedures Act, ensure compliance with ISO standards etc.
- Registration during the period with the PSIRA Act
You will be paired with some of the business’s best mentors, coaches and managers in a job rotation, project execution, on-the-job training, self-learning, blended learning and technical training programme.
- Qualifications such as but not limited to, fields including Business Management, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Communications, Logistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Law, Criminal Investigation, or equivalent qualifications at an NQF 7 level. Postgraduate is advantageous.
- 0 – 3 years of experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clear Criminal Record
- Must be fully computer literate on MS Office suite
- Must have own reliable transport
- Willingness to job rotate and be away from the appointed place of work
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Entrepreneurial mind-set
- Business acumen
- Team player
- Flexible and agile
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- Ability to plan
- Leadership qualities
- Organisational skills
- Control of projects and other responsibilities
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports the global fair practice and business ethics on the continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd