Data Capturer – 2x Vacancies
Location: Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who are we?
Sanlam Life and Savings (SLS) is focused on serving our retail and corporate clients in South Africa and further developing our strategic advantages in the South African market. Sanlam Life and Savings consists of three clusters – Sanlam Corporate, Sanlam Retail Mass and Sanlam Retail Affluent. The Sanlam Life and Savings Office provides strategic direction, coordination and support to the three clusters, as well as performing governance oversight that includes assurance provided by second line of defense functions in SLS, to enable us to meet our business objectives.
What will you do?
The SLS Finance Services function is responsible for delivering the following services to Sanlam businesses that make use of SAP S/4 Hana and related finance systems:
- The execution of shared financial transactions through the Finance Shared Services
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency through finance process and technology optimisation
- Delivering an efficient financial control and compliance environment for SAP S/4 Hana and related finance systems
- Delivering on the consolidated financial reporting requirements for SLS
This position will be responsible for the preparation and processing of supplier invoices and payments. This role is furthermore responsible for ensuring that all vendor invoices received are validated and accurately recorded and that vendor queries are resolved.
What will make you successful in this role?
The key performance areas and tasks of this role are as follows:
- Invoice capturing and processing
- Ensure all required monthly processing is completed within the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Capture and process vendor invoices within the SAP solution, including:
- Scan invoices using the enterprise scanner and ensure all details are captured accurately on the system in the correct format ready for distribution to the Accounts Payable team for further processing
- Manually capture invoices on the system for any missing information from the OCR process or information captured erroneously
- Prepare invoice entry with no purchase order if it has been determined that the invoice should not carry a purchase order and ensure the correct process to raise this invoice has been adhered to
- Edit invoices when a request to re-work is received from the Cost Centre Manager and submit the edited invoice for further approval
- Post invoices on the system once it has been approved by the relevant staff and ensure that it is available for any addition to a payment proposal
- Capture invoices on the system and ensure timely submission for processing and approvals
- Validate vendor details and ensure that the vendor details are up to date
- Request updated invoices and ensure that processing has been completed and filed
- Service Management including:
- Monitoring of incoming requests
- Recording and tracking service requests
- Work collaboratively within Accounts Payable to ensure vendors are paid on time
- Work collaboratively with customers and other Business Units to resolve vendor queries
- Work collaboratively with Business unit operational teams to resolve purchase order issues
- Work collaboratively with MDG to ensure vendor master data is correct
Qualification and Experience
- Grade 12
- A Diploma in Commerce, Accounting or Finance or relevant field from a recognised institution will be advantageous
- 1 year of data capturing to a high degree of accuracy
- 1 year experience with productivity tools/software
- 1 year solid understanding of basic accounting principles, procurement and payables knowledge
- 1 year experience with relevant financial management systems
- 1 year functional knowledge in AP and Procurement System / ERP experience
- Demonstrate ability to manage different levels of complexities in a timely manner
- Must be accurate
- Must be action oriented
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate good planning skills
- Must be a fast learner
- Should demonstrate resilience
- Must be quick to understand Sanlam operations as well as the technology used
Knowledge and Skills
Processing transactions and conduct simple calculationsData collection and analysisRecord keeping, filing and maintenance of databasesMaintain work standards and quality verification
Plans and aligns – Contributing dependentlyCommunicates effectively – Contributing dependentlyAction orientated – Contributing dependentlyOptimises work processes – Contributing dependently
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Being resilient – Contributing dependentlyCustomer focus – Contributing dependentlyCollaborates – Contributing dependentlyCultivates innovation – Contributing dependentlyDrives results – Contributing dependently
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.Application closing date: 17 October 2021
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group’s Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.