Kitchen Assistant (X 8) – VKB Fuels, Senekal
Senekal, Free State
Posted 04 October 2021 – Closing Date 12 October 2021
VKB Commercial Services
Company primary industry
Job functional area
VKB Agriculture (Pty) Ltd is a dynamic agricultural company in the Northeast Free State with interests in Limpopo. This organization, which strives towards healthy and modern business practices offers employees the opportunity to utilize and develop their knowledge and skills in a competitive work environment. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
- Grade 12/NQF4
- 2+ years’ experience in food preperation
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays and evenings
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to follow instructions and work as part of a team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
- Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping to prepare salads and desserts
- Disposing of rubbish
- Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas
- Ensure that the kitchen is clean and operational. In some kitchens, you may also be involved in preparing ingredients
- Understanding the importance of health and hygiene
- A great team player
- The ability to listen and learn – fast
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- VKB Group is an equal opportunity employer. VKB Group’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to VKB Group’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. VKB Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px