DATA CAPTURER/FILING CLERKS
Health Systems Trust is an innovative non-profit organisation working to strengthen ongoing development of comprehensive health systems in southern Africa
eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality
JOB SPECIFICATION INFORMATION
DATA CAPTURER/FILING CLERKS
Health Systems Trust (HST) wishes to appoint Data Capturers/Filing Clerks in eThekwini District, KwaZulu-Natal Province to support the District Department of Health in providing direct HIV and TB services as part of the South Africa Sustainable Response to HIV and TB (SA SURE) Project in the district. These incumbents will conduct HIV and TB patient file retrieval, data capturing and analysis at Primary Health Care (PHC) clinics, using TIER.Net in compliance with the project’s HIV and TB service profile and reporting requirements. They will also support data monitoring and data capture for HST’s contracted community-based organisations (CBOs) running adherence clubs and providing outreach services. These are fixed-term contract positions, renewable based on funding.
• Support patient file retrieval and new file documentation for clients with appointments and for all new clients • Support the implementation and maintenance of filing systems and TIER.Net records • Ensure good filing storage and good-quality data capture and recording on TIER.Net • Support the implementation of all file management standard operating procedures (SOPs) and TIER.Net modules • Orientate facility staff on data management and monitoring of SOP application • Conduct weekly TIER.Net audits to ensure that all ART patients records are assigned an outcome in the system • Participate in file placement and arrangement after a clinic visit, ensuring that all files are accurately captured on TIER.Net • Participate in monthly internal data quality assessment (DQA) and annual external DQA reviews • Generate a list of patients with early and late missed appointments • Monitor patients lost to follow-up and refer them to Linkage Officers and Campaign Agents for tracing • Participate in required training courses • Participate in data analysis (facility targets, tracer indicators, cascades) • Submit daily, weekly and monthly data and case management reports internally and to the facility • Participate in the facility’s bi-weekly and monthly review meetings • Update Run Charts every week and every month-end • Submit daily reports, weekly Direct Service Delivery (DSD) reports, monthly reports and timesheets to the Sub-district Facility Information Officer and District Monitoring and Evaluation Officer on time • Distribute an update folder with TIER.Net SOPs, guidelines and procedures • Support the facility Operational Manager (OM) to generate Nerve Centre Reporting Indicators, Early Warning Indicators (EWI), 90-90-90 Tracer Indicators and QIP Indicators • Support the facility OM and HST Linkage Officer to generate TIER.Net reports to trace and link clients back to care daily, e.g. patients with early missed appointments, late missed appointments, lost to follow-up • Provide good quality weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual facility-level data • Review clinical stationery and registers daily to ensure data quality • Conduct weekly TIER.Net audits to ensure that all ART patients are assigned an outcome in the system • Generate a TIER.Net monthly report on the day that the DHIS monthly sheet is compiled and run a dispatch.
• A strong work ethic and ability to work in a pressurised environment
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and be deadline-driven.
• Grade 12 Certificate
• Certificate in TIER.Net – approved by the National Department of Health
• Certified computer skills and competence
• Five years’ experience in HIV and TB data capturing • Knowledge of HIV strategies, including the UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets, and TB management • Knowledge of the data management SOP • Understanding of the important of quality HIV and TB data for monitoring the universal test and treat (UTT) policy • Work experience in ART, TB and HTS modules is essential, and in HIV self-screening would be an advantage. • Good understanding of the South African public health information system, including national and provincial policies • Solid experience in and knowledge of conducting HIV data-quality checks • Previous work experience in NGOs or funded programmes would be an advantage. • Competence in data capturing on TIER.Net and the District Health Information System (DHIS).
A salary package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications and in line with HST’s Job Grading System will be offered.
Other Job Details
• Interested applicants must complete their application online: https://careers.hst.org.za/ • Applicants are to ensure that their on-line applications are completed in full, and that comprehensive CVs are uploaded with the on-line application in order to be considered. • Your CV must be saved with a filename reflecting your name and surname, e.g. SANELE NGUBANE CV. • No applications sent via e-mail will be considered for the job, as all applicants must submit their applications online at the provided link. PLEASE NOTE: • Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of all qualifications and identity documents. • Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. • Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates. • All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference and credential checks. • If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. • HST reserves the right to not fill this position. CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 19 October 2021 HEALTH SYSTEMS TRUST PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT EQUITY. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
WANT TO APPLY
Would you like to take the opportunity to submit your profile for this opportunity?