Linen Stores Assistant
Cape Town, Western Cape
Salary: R102 534 a year
Full Job Description
Institution: Tygerberg Hospital, Parow Valley
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic Numeracy and literacy.
- Appropriate experience in a Hospital or health laundry environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Strict Recordkeeping and reporting all losses and surpluses.
- Sluice of soiled linen.
- Receive and forward soiled linen from wards to laundry.
- Safe use and control of machinery.
- Cleaning and disinfecting work environment.
- Stock control of linen in the storerooms.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (PSVC 37/2021)
Western Cape Department of Health