Picker & Forklifter Driver
Advert reference: mr_000598
Advert status: Online
Apply by: 31 October 2021
Job category: Other: Engineering, Technical, Production and Manufacturing
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: No
Manages pick ticket orders from warehouse staff and management and physically pulls inventory from the shelves to ensure accurate delivery of warehouse products. Also packs orders, including shrink wrapping contents onto pallets, and loads them on trucks for delivery while ensuring orders are accurate and records of inventory are kept up to date for a smooth flow in warehouse operations.
· Manages pick ticket orders
· Pulls warehouse items from the shelves based on number, size, colour, quantity, and quality requirements
· Ensures that orders are accurate
· Stages items correctly for delivery
· Operates handling equipment and ensures safety regulations are followed
· Plans and monitors product storage and dispatch
· Oversees stock replenishment
· Monitors stock control systems and processes specific orders
· Ensures warehouse goals are met
· Shrink wraps products to pallets
· Loads delivery vehicles
· Packs warehouse orders as necessary
· Operates scanners so that the proper order is picked and inventory is managed accurately
· Performs other general warehouse duties as needed
· Excellent communication skills
· Good time management
· Output driven
· People orientated
· Quality conscious
· Service driven
· Attentive to detail
· Lift heavy objects
· Positive attitude
· Safety conscious
· Ability to work in a fast paced, busy environment
· Driver’s License
· Forklift License
· Computer proficiency
· Forklift driving. Minimum 3 years experience lifting heavy loads (1 to 2 ton).
· Proficiency with strapping tools and the like required for warehouse order processing. Previous Experience Working in a Warehouse required, with Solar Inventory preferred but not required
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- Murray & Roberts reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
- If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.